Sunday, July 13, 2008

BLING!

Today I was feeling a bit better, so Boy Wonder took me ring shopping! We went to about five different stores and saw several nice rings that weren't exactly right. I was about to pass out from exhaustion when we finally stopped at the last store.

The second I put it on my finger I knew it was the one. I think I lit up like a Christmas tree when I put it on! I never thought I could be so enamored by a ring--or any piece of jewelry--but I was. He loved it, too, and he bought it on the spot.

It is not a traditional engagement ring, but it is what I have always wanted: garnet and white gold. This one has three little garnets and two precious hearts--yes, hearts!--on the sides...and it is even prettier than I ever hoped for.

Here are the cheesy obligatory engagement photos that my mom took:











I am so annoyed that none of the photos show just how sparkly and pretty the ring is...although they DO highlight how strangely creepy-looking my hands are! I'm gonna go ahead and blame that on the tonsillectomy too.



Though the swollen tonsil holes still require ice packs, love makes the pain bearable....aaaaaah! Sorry about that.

We are thinking September 19th for the big day. And no, we are not rushing into this for the reason you may be thinking--we are simply eager to start our lives together already.

Oh--after we bought the ring I asked the sales lady if I could wear it home. As she was putting the ring in a box she looked at Boy Wonder and said, "Oh no--you still have work to do...the whole knee thing and flowers and dinner and all that."

So, when we got home yeah he got down on his knee in the grass and popped the question again...and I said, "mmmmkay" and then reminded him that I am not supposed to make important decisions on painkillers. Ah, romance.

As you can see, we are very happy & a wee bit scared.

Make sure you look at yesterday's OFFICIAL engagement post and pics, too!

love,
Scraps (now w/bling!)

6 comments:

Mother Earth said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

It's gorgeous and PERFECT for you!!!!!! I had that surprising light up moment, too! Did your heart rate go up?? Isn't that weird??

Frickin' YAAAYYY dude!!!!

Anonymous said...

so, umm, where's the blog post that tells the story of yer luv? i don't know much about this fellow except that he likes to do three sports in a short amount of time (short attention span boy?!) and he doesn't look like a serial killer (but they never do). so, what's the story, mug?!

Anonymous said...

Oh sooo sweet. You both look sooo happy. The ring is awesome, I love it!

Scraps said...

Oh no! Who's anonymous? Thanks, everyone, for the lovely comments and well wishes!

Jenius said...

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ow...cough cough--ow!


WOOOOOOOOOO!

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited for you, kathy! CONGRATS! can't wait to meet the boy wonder. p.s. you're a dang good writer in addition to your many other charms. p.p.s. hope you feel better soon, missy.