Sunday, July 13, 2008

I had a very ENGAGING conversation on my tonsillectomy bed yesterday....



Yep, he proposed--precisely one year after our first contact!





At the time of proposal I had just woken up: no shower, no make up, no hair combing, still in ratty t-shirt. Not to mention my very romantic scabby tonsil breath! Basically, the boy is not just sweet and romantic; he is also brave.




I hope this self-taken cell phone engagement photo (which I really do want to put in the paper as our official announcement) fully captures the pain of a tonsillectomy and the fear in our tiny loving hearts...

You know you love it!



For those of you who have asked/are wondering: the big bruise on my left hand is from the tonsillectomy IV. The dark spot on my finger is an old ring (from AL-Stephanie, I think?) that we put on for the purpose of the photo--we are going ring shopping as soon as I am able to get out of bed!

Also, I am feeling much better today--they upped my pain meds and I seem to be making progress toward healing--finally.

So much love,
Scraps

No comments: